Director R&D Projects – Medivir AB - Avslutad
Medivir is an emerging research-based specialty company focused on the development of high-value treatments for infectious diseases. Medivir has world-class expertise in polymerase and protease drug targets and drug development that has resulted in a strong infectious disease R&D portfolio. The portfolio consists of ten projects, six are in clinical or preclinical development stage and the remaining is in earlier phases. The Company’s key pipeline asset is TMC435, a protease inhibitor that has recently entered phase III clinical development for hepatitis C and is partnered with Tibotec Pharmaceuticals. Medivir is also marketing its first product, the unique cold sore product Xerese™/Xerclear® which has recently been launched on the US market. Medivir has approximately 80 employees and is located in Huddinge, the southern part of Stockholm.
Medivir is expanding and is looking for a candidate for a newly created role as Director R&D Projects, who will lead development projects from CD-selection to late clinical phases.
As the position holder your responsibilities will be:
- To successfully drive and manage projects from CD-selection to late clinical phases
- Drive cross-functional and international collaborations to integrate broad scientific, medical and commercial input into the development program
- Further develop project management and development project work within Medivir
- Budget responsibility for own development projects
- Participate in the further development of the Project Portfolio review process
- Relevant education and preferable a PhD within a relevant area
- A minimum of 10 years documented experience within the Pharmaceutical or Biotech industry
- A minimum of 5 years documented track record in Senior Project Management positions with overall project responsibility in Pharmaceutical Development in a Biotech or Pharmaceutical environment with working experience from preferentially both big and small pharma
- Extensive and documented Pharmaceutical R&D experience of developing and managing drug development projects, strategic and operating plans, budgets and building team
- Documented experience of work with reporting/presenting scientific/drug development data in both written and oral communication
- A proven track record in virology or infectious diseases is a merit
- Fluent in Swedish and English both orally and written
Welcome with your application!
Medivir is cooperating with the recruitment agency Aktivia Personalkonsult AB in this recruitment project so questions related to this position should be made to Knut Natt och Dag at +46 722 166 800 or Rolf Mayer at +46 708 87 60 05. Applications containing a CV and a short personal letter should be sent to email@example.com. Selection will be ongoing, so please submit your application as soon as possible.