Head of In Vitro Pharmacology - Affibody AB
Do you want to be part of the development of new protein therapeutics at an innovative, exciting and expanding biotech company and help drive science to patients?
Affibody is developing a portfolio of innovative drug projects, including proprietary programs targeting psoriasis, autoimmune diseases and oncology.
Affibody has ongoing commercial relationships with several companies such as AbClon, Alexion, Biotest, Daewoong, Daiichi Sankyo, GE Healthcare, and Swedish Orphan Biovitrum.
The role in general
The Head of In Vitro Pharmacology will lead the in vitro pharmacology group. The group has responsibility to support the internal research process with development of new AffibodyÒmolecule candidate drugs, as well as supporting Affibody’s process development, non-clinical, clinical, and post marketing activities with method development, analyses, and tech transfer to contract research organizations and contract manufacturing organizations.
The role is characterized by covering a wide spectrum of methods and assays within cell biology and immunology, as well as a deep understanding of the drug development process including cGMP and cGLP.
The person suitable for this role has a strong interest in people management, science in general, and keeping up to date with the theoretical and practical development of the field within the industry.
Head of In Vitro Pharmacology:
- Is expected to lead the growing group within the field of cell biology and immunology to support Affibody’s internal research pipeline, process development, non-clinical, clinical, and post marketing activities
- Responsible and accountable for overall planning, directing, monitoring and coordinating the research within the group, making sure that work is performed with quality and executed within specified timelines
- Responsible for that the group acquires sound knowledge in relevant areas that will elevate the level of knowledge in the company concerning methodological and technological developments within the field of expertise and the current regulatory frameworks guiding the drug development activities
- An advanced degree in Life Sciences, ideally in cell-biology/immunology
- More than ten years of experience of drug development in an industrial setting
- Extensive experience from people management and in planning, directing, monitoring and coordinating the research within a team
- Experience from method development both practically and theoretically
- Experience from out-sourcing of research activities
- Experience from development of biologics
- Experience from regulatory guidelines and compilation of regulatory documentation
Skills and abilitieds
- Strong interest in people management, science in general, and keeping up to date with the development of the field within the industry
- Strong relationship and net-work building skills
- Be comfortable working in a dynamic environment in a growing organization
- High energy, driven, able to take initiative, results oriented and self-motivated
- Ability to work in cross-functional teams
- Strong communication/interaction skills and good problem-solving skills
- Good skills in communication and documentation in English
Application and more information
You are welcome with your application by e-mailing your CV and a personal letter to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. We are working continuously with this recruitment project. Write “Head of In Vitro Pharmacology” in the subject field. Please call Knut Natt och Dag on +46 722 166 800 if you have any questions.
Affibody is cooperating with Aktivia Science Work in this recruitment. Aktivia Science Work is a recruiting company within Life Sciences specialized in positions within the pharmaceutical industry – from early discovery through pharmaceutical development and clinical development to the market place. www.aktivia.se