Associate Director/Director Translational Medicine - Affibody
Do you want to work at a leading clinical-stage biotech company contributing to the advancement of modern innovative medicines based on our highly innovative Affibody® protein therapeutics technology?
Affibody is a clinical stage Swedish biotech company focused on developing next generation biopharmaceuticals based on its unique proprietary technology platforms: Affibody® molecules and Albumod™.
The company operates a focused experimental medicines model and currently has three clinical proprietary programs. The first two are therapeutic programs that targets psoriasis, and B-cell driven autoimmune diseases. The third program is a diagnostic imaging program that is directed primarily towards metastatic breast cancer.
In addition to its portfolio of innovative drug projects the company offers the half-life extension technology, Albumod™, for outlicensing.
The Associate Director/Director Translational Medicine will be a member in the Translational Medicine team and involved in the company’s activities within scouting and evaluation of new project ideas and development of product assets and development plans.
The Associate Director/Director in Translational Medicine will be part of project teams but also independently scout for and evaluate new project ideas and product assets. In addition, it is important to contribute to integrating new information to novel and strategic thinking in the internal drug development process. The person suitable for this role has a strong interest in science and keeping up to date with the development of the industry. The role is characterized by coverings wide scientific area and understanding of the drug development process. Moreover, the role may include project managing or coordination of sub-teams.
- Plan and execute scouting activities for and evaluate new project ideas and product assets.
- Coordinate activities and teams and interact in planning, analyzing and concluding studies from different parts of the company and from external parties and contract organizations.
- Keep up to date with the external developments to ensure that they can benefit the company.
- Create continuous input and clear recommendations through the company’s activities.
- Establish contact and interact with a network of experts and key opinion leaders to support the development of new project ideas and development of new product assets and development plans.
- Responsible for documenting and reporting findings within given timelines.
- Conducts planning and coordination of outsourced preclinical pharmacodynamic, pharmacokinetic and safety studies.
PhD degree in Life Sciences, ideally in pharmacology/immunology.
- More than 5 years of experience of pharmaceutical development in academic or industrial setting.
- Experience from project management and coordination of out-sourced activities.
- Extensive experience from independently planning, performing and outsourcing experiments.
- Analyzing data from scientific research and to draw conclusions from generated results.
- Knowledge of regulatory guidelines and compilation of regulatory documentation is an advantage.
Skills and abilities
- Strong interest in science and keeping up to date with the development of the industry
- Compelling relationship and network building skills
- Be comfortable working in a dynamic environment in a growing organization
- High energy, driven, able to take initiative, result oriented and self-motivated
- Ability to work independently as well as in cross-functional teams
- Good problem-solving skills, an analytical mind set, and strong communication/interaction skills
- Good skills in communication and documentation in English
Application and more information
Please call Knut Natt och Dag on +46 722 16 68 00 if you have any questions. You are welcome with your application by e-mailing your CV and personal letter to email@example.com as soon as possible. We are working continuously with this recruitment project and would like to receive your application as soon as possible. Write “Translational Medicine Affibody” in the subject field.
Affibody is cooperating with Aktivia Science Work in this recruitment. Activists Science Work is a recruiting and consulting company within Life Sciences specialized in positions within the pharmaceutical industry - from early discovery through pharmaceutical development and clinical development to the market place. We are members of SwedenBIO.