Scientist Analytical Chemistry - Affibody
Do you want to work at a leading clinical-stage biotech company contributing to the advancement of modern innovative medicines based on our highly innovative Affibody® protein therapeutics technology?
Affibody is a clinical stage Swedish biotech company focused on developing next generation biopharmaceuticals based on its unique proprietary technology platforms: Affibody® molecules and Albumod™.
The company operates a focused experimental medicines model and currently has three clinical proprietary programs. The first two are therapeutic programs that targets psoriasis, and B-cell driven autoimmune diseases. The third program is a diagnostic imaging program that is directed primarily towards metastatic breast cancer.
In addition to its portfolio of innovative drug projects the company offers the half-life extension technology, Albumod™, for outlicensing.
The Scientist Analytical Chemistry will have responsibility for analytical method development and analytical support associated with characterization, stability, and batch release of protein therapeutics, including transfer of methods to support out-sourced GMP production.
- Responsible for analytical method development and support as well as doing analytical method development and support in connection with development of in-house discovery pipeline and process development, as well as out-sourced GMP production
- Methods of interest – Analytical Ion-exchange chromatography (CIEX and AIEX), analytical Size exclusion chromatography (SEC), RP-UHPLC, SDS-PAGE, cIEF, HCP analysis and endotoxin analysis
- Also of interest – Light scattering methods for aggregate analysis (e.g. DLS, RALS and MALS), methods for protein stability determination (e.g. ITC, DSC and DSF), Circular dichroism (CD) and different modes of mass spectrometry
- Independently plan and execute research, analyze data and report results to meet specified timelines and objectives
- Responsibility for all communications with CMO:s regarding transfer and validation of analytical methods, specifications for drug substance (DS) and drug product (DP), stability study protocols for DS and DP, and characterization of protein therapeutics
- GMP and GLP protocol / SOP proof reading
- Keep up to date with regulatory requirements within the field of analytical methods
PhD in analytical chemistry/protein chemistry or other advanced degree in relevant life science area
- More than 5 years of industrial experience
- Qualified experience from work with protein therapeutics
- Industrial experience in development/validation of analytical methods
- Extensive hands-on experience in analytical method development, and preferably also in protein purification
Skills and abilities
- A good understanding of regulatory guidelines for validation of analytical methods and requirements for good laboratory and manufacturing practices (GLP and GMP)
- An interest in practical laboratory work as well as reading scientific publications/regulatory guidelines and writing reports
- High energy, driven, able to take initiative, results oriented and self-motivated
- Strong sense of personal accountability working independently as well as in teams
- Good problem-solving skills, an analytical mind set, and strong communication/interaction skills
- Ability to communicate, document and present results in English
Application and more information
Please call Knut Natt och Dag on +46 722 16 68 00 if you have any questions. You are welcome with your application by e-mailing your CV and personal letter to email@example.com as soon as possible. We are working continuously with this recruitment project and would like to receive your application as soon as possible. Write “Scientist Analytical Chemistry Affibody” in the subject field.
Affibody is cooperating with Aktivia Science Work in this recruitment. Activists Science Work is a recruiting and consulting company within Life Sciences specialized in positions within the pharmaceutical industry - from early discovery through pharmaceutical development and clinical development to the market place. We are members of SwedenBIO.