Research Engineer Protein Expression - Affibody - Avslutad
Do you want to work at a leading clinical-stage biotech company contributing to the advancement of modern innovative medicines based on our highly innovative Affibody® protein therapeutics technology?
Affibody is a clinical stage Swedish biotech company focused on developing next generation biopharmaceuticals based on its unique proprietary technology platforms: Affibody® molecules and Albumod™. The company operates a focused experimental medicines model and currently has three clinical proprietary programs. The first two are therapeutic programs that targets psoriasis, and B-cell driven autoimmune diseases. The third program is a diagnostic imaging program that is directed primarily towards metastatic breast cancer.
In addition to its portfolio of innovative drug projects the company offers the half-life extension technology, Albumod™, for outlicensing.
The Research Engineer Protein Expression will focus on expression of Affibody® molecules in Affibody’s research pipeline, as well as in upstream process development after candidate drug (CD) selection. He or she will independently plan and execute experiments, perform in-process analyses, analyze data, and report results to meet specified timelines and objectives.
- Plan and execute experiments, analyze data and report results to meet specified timelines and objectives
- Having the responsibility for our low temperature freezers and their content
- Prepare competent E. coli cells
- Execute microbial transformation and prepare Research Cell Banks (RCBs)
- Plan and execute expression cultivations for recombinant protein production in various scales and formats, thus contributing to the CD selection process
- Plan and perform expression analyses (e.g. SDS-PAGE and A280 analyses after affinity chromatography), as well as analyses of low molecular weight components and metabolites
- Participate in processability tests before CD selection, product recovery, and stability tests of process intermediates
- Participate in upstream and midstream process development, e.g. High Cell Density Cultivations (HCDC) and product recovery
- Write Standard Operation Procedures (SOPs)
- Responsible and accountable for generated results and given timelines
- Responsible for documentation and reporting findings within given timelines
Degree in Life Sciences
- Hands-on experience from work with microbial production, preferably for the production of recombinant proteins, preferably in an industrial setting
- Experience from independent planning and performing of experiments, and analyzing of data is an advantage
- Experience from development of biopharmaceuticals is an advantage
- Experience from experimental planning using Design of Experiments (DoE) would be an asset
Skills and abilities
- A good understanding of molecular Biology, microbial fermentation, and microbial physiology
- A great interest in practical laboratory work
- An ability to absorb new ideas, to plan experiments and to draw conclusions from generated results
- An ambition to keep track on the state-of-the-art within the field of microbial fermentation
- High energy, ability to take initiatives, and receptiveness
- Thoroughness, high ability to create and keep order
- Strong sense of personal accountability working independently as well as in teams
- Good problem-solving skills, an analytical mind set, and strong communication/interaction skills
- Ability to communicate, document and present results in English
Application and more information
Please call Knut Natt och Dag on +46 722 16 68 00 if you have any questions. You are welcome with your application by e-mailing your CV and personal letter to email@example.com as soon as possible. We are working continuously with this recruitment project and would like to receive your application as soon as possible. Write “Protein Expression” in the subject field.
Affibody is cooperating with Aktivia Science Work in this recruitment. Activists Science Work is a recruiting and consulting company within Life Sciences specialized in positions within the pharmaceutical industry - from early discovery through pharmaceutical development and clinical development to the market place. We are members of SwedenBIO.