Research Engineer Protein Purification - Affibody
Do you want to work at a leading clinical-stage biotech company contributing to the advancement of modern innovative medicines based on our highly innovative Affibody® protein therapeutics technology?
Affibody is a clinical stage Swedish biotech company focused on developing next generation biopharmaceuticals based on its unique proprietary technology platforms: Affibody® molecules and Albumod™. The company operates a focused experimental medicines model and currently has three clinical proprietary programs. The first two are therapeutic programs that targets psoriasis, and B-cell driven autoimmune diseases. The third program is a diagnostic imaging program that is directed primarily towards metastatic breast cancer.
In addition to its portfolio of innovative drug projects the company offers the half-life extension technology, Albumod™, for outlicensing.
The Research Engineer Protein Purification will focus on purification of Affibody® molecules in Affibody’s research pipeline, as well as in downstream process development after candidate drug (CD) selection. He or she will plan and execute experiments, perform in-process analyses, analyze data, and report results to meet specified timelines and objectives.
- Plan and execute experiments, analyze data and report results to meet specified timelines and objectives
- Plan and perform purification of Affibody® constructs from E. coli cultivations (e.g. Affinity purification, RPC purification, IEX purification and buffer exchange).
- Plan and perform in-process analyses and analysis of final purified product (e.g. SDS-PAGE, RP-HPLC, LC/MS, SEC, circular dichroism measurement, endotoxin analysis and A280 measurement).
- In cooperation with other group members, plan and execute stability studies before CD selection
- In cooperation with other group members, plan and execute downstream process development of selected CD:s, including technology transfer to CMO for out-sourced GMP production
- Responsible and accountable for generated results and given timelines
- Responsible for documentation and reporting findings within given timelines
Degree in Life Science Technology, preferably Engineering Biology (300 credits), Molecular Biotechnology Engineering (300 credits), or equivalent
- Industrial experience from work with purification of recombinant proteins.
- Hands-on experience of analyzing and characterization of proteins
- Experience from independent planning and performing of experiments, and analyzing of data
- Industrial experience from development of biopharmaceuticals is an advantage and experimental planning using Design of Experiments (DoE) would be an asset
Skills and abilities
- A solid theoretical background in protein chemistry, protein purification and in characterization of proteins
- A great interest in practical laboratory work
- An ability to absorb and generate new ideas, to plan experiments and to draw conclusions from generated results
- High energy, ability to take initiatives, and receptiveness
- Thoroughness, ability to create and keep order, and results oriented
- Strong sense of personal accountability working independently as well as in teams
- Good problem-solving skills, an analytical mind set, and strong communication/interaction skills
- Ability to communicate, document and present results in English
Application and more information
Please call Knut Natt och Dag on +46 722 16 68 00 if you have any questions. You are welcome with your application by e-mailing your CV and personal letter to email@example.com as soon as possible. We are working continuously with this recruitment project and would like to receive your application as soon as possible. Write “Protein Purification” in the subject field.
Affibody is cooperating with Aktivia Science Work in this recruitment. Activists Science Work is a recruiting and consulting company within Life Sciences specialized in positions within the pharmaceutical industry - from early discovery through pharmaceutical development and clinical development to the market place. We are members of SwedenBIO.