Scientist Cell Biology/Immunology - Affibody - Solna - Avslutad
Do you want to work at a leading clinical-stage biotech company contributing to the advancement of modern innovative medicines based on our highly innovative Affibody® protein therapeutics technology?
The Scientist Cell Biology/Immunology will focus on assay development, evaluation and analysis of molecules in Affibody’s research pipeline, of pre-clinical and clinical samples and analytically support the in-house process development team.
- Independently plan and execute research, analyze data and report results to meet specified timelines and objectives
- Develop and/or run cell based assays
- Develop antibody based assays
- Evaluate and analyze molecules in Affibody’s research pipeline
- Evaluate and analyze pre-clinical and clinical study samples
- Develop assays and evaluates samples from internal process development
- Supporting activities within cell biology and immunology
- In certain cases, coordinate activities at contract labs, concerning e.g. animal studies, technology transfer of methods, etc.
- Strive to increase the company´s knowledge within the field of cell biology/immunology
- Responsible and accountable for generated results and given timelines
- Responsible for documentation and reporting findings within given timelines
Advanced degree in Life Sciences, ideally in cell biology/immunology
- More than five years of extensive hands-on experience from work with assay development, cell models, antibody based methods, preferably in an industrial setting
- Extensive experience from independently planning and performing experiments and analyzing data from scientific research
- Industrial experience from development of biologics is an advantage
- Knowledge of regulatory guidelines for immunoassays is a plus
- Experience from documentation in electronic lab books is a plus
Skills and abilities
- A solid theoretical background within the cell biology/immunology field, and ability to absorb new scientific ideas, to plan experiments and to draw conclusions form generated results
- An interest in practical laboratory work as well as reading scientific publications/regulatory guidelines and writing reports
- High energy, driven, able to take initiative, results oriented and self-motivated
- Thorough, orderly and details oriented
- Strong sense of personal accountability working independently as well as in teams
- Good problem-solving skills, an analytical mind set, and strong communication/interaction skills
- Ability to communicate, document and present results in English
Application and more information
Please call Knut Natt och Dag on +46 722 16 68 00 if you have any questions. You are welcome with your application by e-mailing your CV and personal letter to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. We are working continuously with this recruitment project and would like to receive your application as soon as possible. Write "Scientist Cell Biology/Immunology" in the subject field.
Affibody is cooperating with Aktivia Science Work in this recruitment. Aktivia Science Work is a recruiting and consulting company within Life Sciences specialized in positions within the pharmaceutical industry - from early discovery pharmaceutical development and clinical development to the market place. We are members of SwedenBIO.