Scientist Cell Biology/Immunology - Affibody - Avslutad
Do you want to be part of the development of new protein therapeutics at an innovative, exciting and expanding biotech company and help drive science to patients?
Affibody is developing a portfolio of innovative drug projects, including four proprietary programs targeting liver diseases, autoimmune diseases and psoriasis. The fourth program is a diagnostic imaging program that is directed primarily towards metastatic breast cancer.
Affibody has ongoing commercial relationships with several companies such as AbClon, Biotest, Daewoong, Daiichi Sankyo, GE Healthcare, Nordic Nanovector, and Swedish Orphan Biovitrum.
Key responsibility areas
- Independently plan and execute research, analyzing data and report results to meet specified timelines and objectives
- Develop and run cell based and immunotechnology assays
- Evaluation and analysis of molecules in Affibody’s research pipeline
- Evaluation and analysis of pre-clinical and clinical study samples
- Supporting activities within cell biology and immunology
- In certain cases, coordinate activities at contract labs, concerning e.g. animal studies, technology transfer of methods, etc.
- Strive to increase the company´s knowledge within the field of cell biology/immunology
- Responsible and accountable for generated results and given timelines
- Responsible for documentation and reporting findings within given timelines
Advanced degree in Life Sciences, ideally in cell biology/immunology
You need to have more than five years hands-on experience from work with assay development, cell models, immunotechnological methods and animal models, preferably in an industrial setting. Extensive experience from independently planning and performing experiments and analyzing data from scientific research. Industrial experience from development of biologics is an advantage as well as knowledge of regulatory guidelines for immunoassays. It is also a plus if you have experience from documentation in electronic lab books.
You are a person with a solid theoretical background within the cell biology/immunology field, and have the ability to absorb new scientific ideas, plan experiments and to draw conclusions form generated results. You need to be a person with high energy and drive and to be able to take initiative. You must be results oriented and self-motivated. You must have an interest in in practical laboratory work as well as reading scientific publications/regulatory guidelines and writing reports. You need to have a strong sense of personal accountability working independently and in teams. You must also have ability to communicate, document and present results in English.
Application and more information
You are welcome with your application by e-mailing your CV and a personal letter to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. We are working continuously with this recruitment project. Write “Cell Biology/Immunology” in the subject field. Please call Knut Natt och Dag on +46 722 166 800 if you have any questions.
Affibody is cooperating with Aktivia Science Work in this recruitment. Aktivia Science Work is a recruiting and consulting company within Life Sciences specialized in positions within the pharmaceutical industry – from early discovery through pharmaceutical development and clinical development to the market place. We are members of SwedenBIO and Medicon Valley Alliance. You can read more about us at or website – www.aktivia.se