Scientist Lead Generation Protein Drugs - Affibody AB - Avslutad
The Scientist Lead Generation Protein Drugs will focus on lead generation of Affibody molecules in Affibody’s research pipeline and characterization of binding interactions. He or she will independently plan and execute research, analyzing data, and report results to meet specified timelines and objectives. The role holder will be part of the Lead Generation team and will be directed by the objectives and demands of the research projects.
- Independently plan and execute research, analysing data and report results to meet specified timelines and objectives
- Plan and run selections from large combinatorial phage display libraries
- Plan and run screening of generated hits with e.g. ELISA assays
- Plan and run binding characterization assays with e.g. ELISA and Biacore
- Design maturation libraries
- Plan and run maturation of leads
- Responsible and accountable for generated results and given timelines
- Responsible for documentation and reporting findings in a given timeline
- In certain cases, coordinate activities at contract labs, concerning e.g. target production, library construction, binding analyses, etc
- Strive to increase knowledge regarding methods and targets
You must have an advanced degree in Life Sciences, ideally in molecular biology. Requirements concerning experiences, skills and abilities are:
- More than 5 years relevant experience from independently planning and performing experiments and analysing data from scientific research in an industrial setting
- Experience and capacity to plan, develop, and run scientific experiments; such as ELISA, affinity measurements, recombinant DNA technology, small scale production of recombinant proteins
- Experience from development of biologics is an advantage
- Experience from work with functional assays is also a plus
- As well as experience from documentation in electronic lab books
- The role holder needs to have a solid theoretical background and ability to absorb new scientific ideas, to plan experiments and to draw conclusions from generated results
- Results oriented and self-motivated
- Thorough, orderly and detail oriented
- Ability to document and present results in English
Affibody is a Swedish biotech company focused on developing next generation biopharmaceuticals based on its unique proprietary technology platforms: Affibody® molecules and Albumod™. The platforms have been developed within the company since 1998 which has resulted in more than 150 granted patents and 30 patent families.
The company has been executing a license driven model with a focus on therapeutics since 2009 and currently employs around 30 highly skilled scientists whereof a majority holds a PhD. Since the initiation of the license driven model in 2009, the company has entered into a number of therapy focused collaborations including deals with partners such as Abclon, Biotest, Daewoong, Daiichi-Sankyo, MedImmune, Nordic Nanovector, and Sobi. The aggregate potential milestones from these agreements exceed $300m and the associated royalties may generate substantial revenues for the company in the future.
Affibody is at a strategic inflection point as the company is maturing from a pre-clinical to a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company. The pipeline currently consists of more than ten (10) proprietary and partnered products in multiple indications. Two therapeutic products are in the clinic and several more will enter into clinical trials in the coming years.
More information and Application
Affibody is co-operating with the recruitment agency Aktivia Science Work AB in this recruitment. Please call Knut Natt och Dag on +46 722 16 68 00 if you want more information or want to discuss this recruitment project. Send your application containing a personal letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Write "Scientist Lead Generation" in the subject field. We are working continuously with this recruitment project and would like to receive your application as soon as possible.
Aktivia Science Work AB is a recruitment agency within Life Science. We are members of SwedenBIO and Medicon Valley Alliance. You can read more about us on our website - www.aktivia.se