Head of Market Access & External Affairs Sweden to an international pharmaceutical company in Stockholm - Avslutad
The Head of Market Access and External Affairs Sweden shall develop and defend Company image, reputation and interest amongst key external stakeholders and ensure that reimbursement/price submissions to authorities are of high quality and submitted within given timelines. He or she will work with the Business Units to demonstrate value of CORE products and integrate payer perspective into brand strategies and external communications. The role holder will also give advice to General Management and regional/corporate interface on a regular basis to anticipate environmental changes and ensure preparedness.
The role also includes managing responsibilities for the Market Access & External Affairs department with following leadership responsibilities.
- Prepare for, obtain and maintain reimbursement for new and established products, incorporating health economic tools into the local pricing negotiating process
- Build optimal market conditions for successful launches of new products
- Demonstrate clinical, economic and social value of Sanofi products to payers, decision makers and influencers
- Handle pricing and tender business at both national and regional level
- Develop strategies and implement tactics on the pharmacy arena to maximize Sanofi business impact
- Develop a dialogue with and influence on key national health authorities, regulators, health care decision makers and patient advocacy groups
- Develop tools and processes to evaluate return on investment of Market Access activities
- Represent Sanofi Sweden internally (NOBA and Global) and externally (LIF, national and regional bodies)
- People management, including following functions: health economics, pharmacy business and regional market access
- University degree, preferably in Economics/Health Economics; alternatively a science/pharmacy degree or equivalent
- Post graduate qualification in Health Economics or Life Science is an advantage
- Several years of business experience
- Experience of working in the payer environment and understanding their perspective
- Previous experience of people management
- Negotiation experience and skills
- Experience of working in a complex, changing, multinational and matrix environment
- Experience of work with pricing and tender business
- Experience of work with national authorities such as TLV, The National Board of Health and Welfare, MPA etc.