Vice President Clinical R&D – Medivir AB - Avslutad
Medivir is an emerging research-based specialty pharmaceutical company focused on the development of high-value treatments for infectious diseases. Medivir has world-class expertise in polymerase and protease drug targets and drug development which has resulted in a strong infectious disease R&D portfolio. The portfolio consists of ten projects, six projects are in clinical or preclinical development stage and the remaining are in earlier phases. The Company’s key pipeline asset is TMC435, a protease inhibitor which has recently entered phase III clinical development for hepatitis C and is partnered with Tibotec Pharmaceuticals. Medivir is also marketing its first product, the unique cold sore product Xerese™/Xerclear® which has recently been launched on the US market. Medivir has approximately 80 employees and is located in Huddinge, the southern part of Stockholm. For further informatiion on Medivir visit the company’s website, www.medivir.com.
Medivir is expanding and is looking for a candidate for a newly created role as VP Clinical R&D, who will lead and develop the Clinical R&D operations. You will report to the CSO and will work closely with the VP R&D Projects.
As the position holder your responsibilities will be:
- To build up and advance the Clinical R&D at Medivir
- All deliverables from the Medivir clinical operations with emphasis on early clinical concept development and translational medicine aspects
- Cross-functional and international collaborations to integrate broad scientific, medical, and commercial input into the development programs
- Development of key scientific external relationships with opinion leaders
- To provide clinical/medical input into safety and regulatory interactions
- MD with a minimum of five years documented track record in senior manager and/or leadership positions in Clinical R&D operations in a biotech or pharmaceutical environment with working experience from preferentially both big (mandatory) and small pharma companies
- Extensive and documented Pharmaceutical R&D experience of developing and managing Clinical projects, both strategic and operating plans
- Knowledge of Good Clinical Practices, FDA and EMA/CHMP regulations and guidelines, and applicable international regulatory requirements
- Documented ability to generate effective and successful longer term clinical development plans and ability to interpret, evaluate, and report clinical data
- Good understanding of relevant scientific disciplines outside of Clinical R&D (drug discovery, pharmacology, toxicology, pharmacokinetics/metabolism, formulation, biometrics)
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and communication skills as well as strong team work/interpersonal skills
- A Ph.D. and proven track record in virology or infectious disease is a merit
Welcome with your application!
Medivir is cooperating with the recruitment agency Aktivia Personalkonsult AB in this recruitment project so questions related to this position should be made to Knut Natt och Dag at +46 722 166 800 or Rolf Mayer at +46 708 87 60 05. Applications containing a CV and a short personal letter should be sent to email@example.com. Selection will be ongoing, so please submit your application as soon as possible.