Research Engineer Protein Purification - Affibody
The Research Engineer Protein Purification will focus on purification of Affibody® molecules, in Affibody’s research pipeline, as well as in downstream process development after CD selection. He or she will plan and execute experiments, perform in-process analyses, analyze data, and report results to meet specified timelines and objectives.
The Research Engineer Protein Purification will be part of the Protein Chemistry team and will be directed by the objectives and demands of the research and development projects. The Protein Chemistry team currently has six members, and is one of four research groups at Affibody, each led by a Principal Scientist with profound expertise in the respective discipline.
Key Responsibility Areas
- Plan and execute experiments, analyze data and report results to meet specified timelines and objectives
- Plan and perform purification of Affibody constructs from E. coli cultivations (e.g. Affinity purification, RPC purification, IEX purification and buffer exchange).
- Plan and perform in-process analyses and analysis of final purified product (e.g. SDS-PAGE, RP-HPLC, LC/MS, SEC, Circular Dichroism measurement, Endotoxin analysis and A280 measurement).
- In cooperation with other group members, plan and execute stability studies before Candidate Drug (CD) selection
- In cooperation with other group members, plan and execute downstream process development of selected CD. including technology transfer to CMO for out-sourced GMP production
- Responsible and accountable for generated results and given timelines
- Responsible for documentation and reporting findings within given timelines
Degree in Life Science Technology, preferably Engineering Biology (300 credits), Molecular Biotechnology Engineering (300 credits), or equivalent
- Hands-on experience from work with protein purification, preferably purification of recombinant proteins.
- Hands-on experience of analyzing and characterization of proteins
- Experience from planning and performing of experiments, and analyzing data
- Industrial experience from development of biopharmaceuticals is an advantage
- Experimental planning using Design of Experiments (DoE) is an advantage
- A solid theoretical background in protein chemistry, protein purification and in characterization of proteins
- A great interest in practical laboratory work
- An ability to absorb and generate new ideas, to plan experiments and to draw conclusions from generated results
- High energy, ability to take initiatives, and results oriented
- Thoroughness, ability to create and keep order
- Strong sense of personal accountability working independently as well as in teams
- Good skills in communication, documentation, and presentation of results in English in written reports
- Proficiency in the Swedish language (oral and written) is an advantage
The Research Engineer Protein Purification reports to the Principal Scientist, Protein Chemistry
Application and more information
You are welcome with your application by e-mailing your CV and a personal letter to email@example.com as soon as possible. We are working continuously with this recruitment project. Write “Protein Purification” in the subject field. Please call Knut Natt och Dag on +46 722 166 800 if you have any questions.
Affibody is a clinical stage Swedish biotech company focused on developing next generation biopharmaceuticals based on its unique proprietary technology platforms: Affibody® molecules and Albumod™.
The company operates a focused experimental medicines model and currently has four clinical or late stage preclinical proprietary programs. The first three are therapeutic programs that targets psoriasis, B-cell driven autoimmune diseases, and liver diseases respectively. The fourth program is a diagnostic imaging program that is directed primarily towards metastatic breast cancer.
In addition to its portfolio of innovative drug projects the company offers the half-life extension technology, Albumod™, for outlicensing.
Affibody has ongoing commercial relationships with several companies such as AbClon, Biotest, Daewoong, Daiichi Sankyo, GE Healthcare, and Swedish Orphan Biovitrum.
Affibody is cooperating with Aktivia Science Work in this recruitment. Aktivia Science Work is a recruiting and consulting company within Life Sciences specialized in positions within the pharmaceutical industry – from early discovery through pharmaceutical development and clinical development to the market place. We are members of SwedenBIO and Medicon Valley Alliance.