Scientist Molecular Biology - Affibody
Do you want to be part of the development of new protein therapeutics at an innovative, exciting and expanding biotech company and help drive science to patients?
Affibody is developing a portfolio of innovative drug projects, including four proprietary programs targeting liver diseases, autoimmune diseases and psoriasis. The fourth program is a diagnostic imaging program that is directed primarily towards metastatic breast cancer.
Affibody has ongoing commercial relationships with several companies such as AbClon, Biotest, Daewoong, Daiichi Sankyo, GE Healthcare, Nordic Nanovector, and Swedish Orphan Biovitrum.
Key responsibility areas
- Independently plan and execute research, analyzing data and report results to meet specified timelines and objectives
- Plan and run selections from large combinatorial phage display libraries
- Plan and run screening of generated hits with e.g. ELISA assays
- Plan and run binding characterization assays with e.g. ELISA and Biacore
- Design maturation libraries
- Plan and run maturation of leads
- In certain cases, coordinate activities at contract labs, concerning e.g. target production, library construction, binding analyses, etc.
- Strive to increase the company’s knowledge regarding relevant methods and targets
- Responsible and accountable for generated results and given timelines
- Responsible for documentation and reporting findings within given timelines
Advanced degree in Life Sciences, ideally in molecular biology
You need to have more than five years hands-on experience from work with recombinant DNA technology, small scale production of recombinant proteins, ELISA and affinity measurements, preferably in an industrial setting. Extensive experience from independently planning and performing experiments and analyzing data from scientific research. Industrial experience from development of biologics is an advantage. It is also a plus if you have experience from documentation in electronic lab books.
You are a person with a solid theoretical background within the molecular biology field, and have the ability to absorb new scientific ideas, plan experiments and to draw conclusions form generated results. You need to be a person with high energy and drive and to be able to take initiative. You must be results oriented and self-motivated. You must have an interest in in practical laboratory work as well as reading scientific publications and writing reports. You need to have a strong sense of personal accountability working independently and in teams. You must also have ability to communicate, document and present results in English.
Application and more information
You are welcome with your application by e-mailing your CV and a personal letter to email@example.com as soon as possible. We are working continuously with this recruitment project. Write “Molecular Biology” in the subject field. Please call Knut Natt och Dag on +46 722 166 800 if you have any questions.
Affibody is cooperating with Aktivia Science Work in this recruitment. Aktivia Science Work is a recruiting and consulting company within Life Sciences specialized in positions within the pharmaceutical industry – from early discovery through pharmaceutical development and clinical development to the market place. We are members of SwedenBIO and Medicon Valley Alliance. You can read more about us at or website – www.aktivia.se