Program Director - Affibody AB - Stockholm - Avslutad
Affibody is a Swedish biotech company focused on developing next generation biopharmaceuticals based on its unique proprietary technology platforms: Affibody® molecules and Albumod™. The platforms have been developed within the company since 1998 which has resulted in more than 150 granted patents and 30 patent families.
The company has been executing a license driven model with a focus on therapeutics since 2009 and currently employs 30 highly skilled scientists whereof a majority holds a PhD. Since the initiation of the license driven model in 2009, the company has entered into a number of therapy focused collaborations including deals with partners such as Abclon, Biotest, Daewoong, Daiichi-Sankyo, MedImmune, Nordic Nanovector, and Sobi. The aggregate potential milestones from these agreements exceed $300m and the associated royalties may generate substantial revenues for the company in the future. As a consequence of the license driven model, the company has been self-sustaining since the last financing round in 2010.
Affibody is at a strategic inflection point as the company is maturing from a pre-clinical to a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company. The pipeline currently consists of more than ten (10) proprietary and partnered product in multiple indications. The company believes that two therapeutic products will be in the clinic in 2016 and several more will enter into clinical trials in the coming years.
The role in general
The Program Director (PD) will focus on coordinating and guiding Affibody’s biopharmaceutical programs. This includes hands-on work with preclinical and clinical development program/project planning, operative project activities (clinical trial design) and follow-up to deliver successful and timely milestones/development stages.
The scope includes supporting the management team with coordination and reporting of timelines from CMC/Tox through clinical trials up to outlicensing to partners or commercialization.
- Provide Affibody’s management team with information, analysis and proposals concerning program and project timelines, costs, prioritizations and decisions
- Hands-on planning, coordination and decision making preparations
- Follow-up on project schedules to enable accurate project, financial and portfolio analyses
- Oversee and prepare budget including resources and costs
- Strengthen the virtual preclinical and clinical R&D organization through planning, coordination and cooperation
- Identify, establish contact with and manage Key Opinion Leaders and expert consultants
- Integrate scientific, medical and commercial insights into programs
- Communicate, document and archive development team activities and decisions
- Facilitate development team meetings, cross-functional communication decision making ensuring alignment with internal and external stakeholders
- Identify, recommend and implement opportunities for streamlining team and business processes
- Ensure that the team achieve and maintains a high-level of sustainable performance by contributing to appropriate team management best practices
- An advanced degree in Life Sciences
- A PMP (Project Management Professional) certification or equivalent is an advantage
- Several years of multi-disciplinary knowledge of the biotech/pharmaceutical industry
- At least two years direct project management in late preclinical and/or clinical drug development
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to translate strategy into action
- Demonstrated knowledge of the overall drug development process
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to develop important relationships with Key Opinion Leaders, expert consultants, CMO:s/CRO:s and key stakeholders
- Good project management skills
- Excellent analytical skills with ability to communicate complex issues in a simple way
- Proven track record of good decision making and exercising sound judgement
- Financial acumen, capable of planning and overseeing project budgets
- Strong proficiency with project management practices, tools and methodology with experience in drug development
- Experience using Project Management software to manage complex project timelines and resources
- Excperience with clinical trials, in particular design of clinical trials, is a plus
Fluent in Swedish and English both orally and written
The Program Director reports to the CSO
More information and Application
For further information please contact Knut Natt och Dag, Aktivia Science Work AB, on +46 722 166 800. Send your application with a personal letter and your CV to email@example.com as soon as possible due to our continious work with this recruitment project.