Senior Computational Chemist – Medivir – Huddinge (Stockholm) - Avslutad
Medivir is a high-growth Nordic pharmaceutical company focusing on successful research activities within the field of infectious diseases, and with a Nordic sales organisation that currently generates an annual turnover of more than SEK 550 million. The company was founded in 1988 as a spin-off from AstraZeneca’s antiviral research unit. Medivir was listed on the NASDAQ OMX, Stockholm Stock Exchange Mid Cap List for medium-sized companies in 1996.
Medivir is seeking an experienced Senior Research Scientist to join the Department of Computational Chemistry and Structural Biology which provides computational chemistry, modeling, chemoinformatic and X-ray crystallography support to the R&D organisation. You will be located at our R&D site in Huddinge (just outside of Stockholm) and report to the Director of Computational Chemistry and Structural Biology.
The person we are seeking will be responsible for providing computational chemistry support to two or more of Medivir’s drug discovery programs. You will collaborate with project chemists in the generation, evaluation and prioritization of new ideas and support all project scientists in their appreciation and use of structural information and in the analysis and exploitation of their data. You will provide computational chemistry input into the evaluation of new project proposals and collaboration opportunities, and contribute to the continuous development of the computational chemistry platform in Medivir. You will represent the Department when working in cross-functional project teams. You will act as a core team member, with responsibility for the overall lead identification strategy, for one or more lead identification projects.
- PhD in a subject relevant to Computational Chemistry and first degree-level knowledge of organic chemistry
- Experience of computational techniques for structure and ligand based drug design
- Knowledge of computational tools for small molecule modelling and development of structure activity and structure propery relationships
- Good understanding of the drug discovery process probably developed through experience in the pharmaceutical or biotech industry
- Experience of the protease inhibitor field is a merit
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English
- Result-oriented and able to deliver on time
- Enthusiastic, collaborative and strategic
If you want more information or have questions please call Knut Natt och Dag at +46 722 16 68 00. Send us your application at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible due to our ongoing efforts with this recruitment. Please include “computational chemist” in the subject field.