Senior Toxicologist/Safety Pharmacologist - Medivir AB - Avslutad
Medivir is a high-growth Nordic pharmaceutical company focusing on successful research activities within the field of infectious diseases, and with a Nordic sales organisation that currently generates an annual turnover of more than SEK 550 million. The company was founded in 1988 as a spin-off from AstraZeneca’s antiviral research unit. Medivir was listed on the NASDAQ OMX, Stockholm Stock Exchange Mid Cap List for medium-sized companies in 1996.
Medivir is seeking an experienced toxicologist/safety pharmacologist to join the Department of Preclinical Development which plays an important role in the R&D organization at Medivir. You will be part of an emerging team located at our R&D site in Huddinge (just outside of Stockholm) and report to the Director of Preclinical Development.
The person we are seeking will be responsible for providing scientific leadership, expertise and strategy regarding safety assessment to all Medivir projects from early preclinical stages to early clinical development. You will represent the Department when working in cross-functional project teams. You will play a key role, together with project core teams, in designing, managing and interpreting safety and toxicology-related studies in vitro and in vivo at CROs. The disease areas will include viral and bacterial infections and oncology with a focus on small molecules.
- PhD with a minimum of 10 years in the pharmaceutical industry
- Extensive scientific experience in the field of safety assessment including:
- Experience in conducting toxicology and safety pharmacology studies at CROs
- Compiling preclinical safety data to support IND documentation
- Providing strategy for risk assessing early projects from a safety perspective
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English
- Result-oriented and able to deliver on time
- Enthusiastic, collaborative and strategic
If you have questions please call Mr. Knut Natt och Dag at +46 722 16 68 00 or Mr. Rolf Mayer at +46 708 87 60 05. Send us your application at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible due to our ongoing efforts with this recruitment. Please write “toxicologist” in the subject field.