Computational Chemist – Medivir AB – Huddinge - Avslutad
Medivir is a high-growth Nordic pharmaceutical company focusing on successful research activities within the field of infectious diseases, and with a Nordic sales organisation that currently generates an annual turnover of more than SEK 550 million. The company was founded in 1988 as a spin-off from AstraZeneca’s antiviral research unit. Medivir was listed on the NASDAQ OMX, Stockholm Stock Exchange Mid Cap List for medium-sized companies in 1996.
Medivir is seeking an experienced Senior Research Scientist to join the Department of Computational Chemistry and Structural Biology which provides computational chemistry, modeling, chemoinformatic and X-ray crystallography support to the R&D organisation. You will be located at our R&D site in Huddinge (just outside of Stockholm) and report to the Director of Computational Chemistry and Structural Biology.
The person we are seeking will be responsible for providing expert modelling support and guidance for Medivir’s drug discovery programs and project scientists, to collaborate with project chemists in the generation, evaluation and prioritization of new ideas, to support all project scientists in their appreciation and use of structural information, and in the analysis and exploitation of their data. You will maintain high quality records of your work and ensure that your computer files are well organized and referenced clearly in your notebook. You report results to line-manager, department members and project teams either orally or in writing as appropriate.
- PhD in a subject relevant to Computational Chemistry
- Sufficient chemistry education to give a sound understandingof the compounds and properties being modelled and to allow effective interactions with project chemists
- At least three years experience in the pharmaceutical or biotechnological industry supporting drug discovery research
- Experience of using general computational chemistry tools for small molecule modelling
- Good understanding of the drug discovery process
- Experience of basic QSAR / QSPR / ADME(T) model building.
- Experience of the protease inhibitor field is a merit.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English
- Result-oriented and able to deliver on time
- Enthusiastic, collaborative and strategic
If you have questions please call Knut Natt och Dag at +46 722 16 68 00 or Rolf Mayer at +46 708 87 60 05. Send us your application at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible due to our ongoing efforts with this recruitment. Please include “chemoinformatics” in the subject field.