Chemoinformatician – Medivir AB – Huddinge - Avslutad
Medivir is a high-growth Nordic pharmaceutical company focusing on successful research activities within the field of infectious diseases, and with a Nordic sales organisation that currently generates an annual turnover of more than SEK 550 million. The company was founded in 1988 as a spin-off from AstraZeneca’s antiviral research unit. Medivir was listed on the NASDAQ OMX, Stockholm Stock Exchange Mid Cap List for medium-sized companies in 1996.
Medivir is seeking an experienced Senior Research Scientist to join the Department of Computational Chemistry and Structural Biology which provides computational chemistry, modeling, chemoinformatic and X-ray crystallography support to the R&D organisation. You will be located at our R&D site in Huddinge (just outside of Stockholm) and report to the Director of Computational Chemistry and Structural Biology.
The person we are seeking will be responsible for providing chemoinformatic support in data analysis, property and QSAR model building, and in experimental design to Medivir Discovery Research projects from hit identification through to CD selection. You will play a key role in developing a chemoinformatics research framework that supports the drug discovery strategy of the Discovery Research department and allows the generation of property and QSAR models and the delivery of selected models as web services. You will represent the Department when working in cross-functional project teams.
- PhD in a subject relevant to Chemoinformatics or Computational Chemistry with a minimum of 3 years in the pharmaceutical or biotech industry.
- Experience of rational drug design projects using a range of chemoinformatic techniques for QSAR / QSPR / ADME(T) model building.
- Experience of the protease inhibitor field is a merit.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English
- Result-oriented and able to deliver on time
- Enthusiastic, collaborative and strategic
If you have questions please call Knut Natt och Dag at +46 722 16 68 00 or Rolf Mayer at +46 708 87 60 05. Send us your application at email@example.com as soon as possible due to our ongoing efforts with this recruitment. Please include “chemoinformatics” in the subject field.