Protein Crystallization Scientist - Medivir - Avslutad
Download as PDF
Aktivia Science Work is seeking a Protein Crystallization Scientist working with the generation of single crystals of proteins and protein-ligand complexes for X-ray structure determination for Medivir projects.
- Generation of diffraction quality protein and protein-ligand complex crystals for Medivir research projects
- Liaise with the Protein Science group on the supply and purification of protein for crystallization
- Ensure that all proteins are adequately characterised before attempted crystallisation, and that the knowledge derived from the biophysical characterisation is exploited in the design of screening conditions
- Contribute to the support and running of the crystallisation laboratory. Ensure that it provides a safe and tidy working environment with adequate reagent and consumable stocks to support the on-going work
- Maintain and accurate record of all your work in your electronic laboratory notebook
- Report progress and results in a written or verbal form to line-manager and team and project members as required
- Generation of single crystals of proteins and protein-ligand complexes for X-ray structure determination, exploiting whenever possible the crystallography liquid handling and crystal imaging automation
- Mounting and freezing of crystals ready for shipping and data collection
- Collaboration with members of the Protein Science group on the biophysical characterization of proteins and their complexes to support the crystallization work
- A first degree in biology, chemistry or a related science
- Minimum 12 months experience of protein crystallization including the screening of crystallization conditions, generation of protein complexes with small molecule ligands, and the mounting and freezing of crystals for data collection
- Familiarity with Mosquito/Dragonfly liquid handling and Formulatrix crystal hotel and imaging systems for crystallography automation is considered as an advantage
- Experience working in the pharmaceutical industry and awareness of the small molecule discovery process is also considered as an advantage
- Fluent in both spoken and written English
You will be employed by Aktivia Science Work but placed at Medivir where you also have your reporting to the Director Computational Chemistry and Structure Biology. This is a full time temporary position for six months.
Contact and application
You are welcome to call Knut Natt och Dag at Aktivia Science Work on +46 722 16 68 00 if you have any questions concerning this position. Send your application with a short personal letter and your CV to email@example.com as soon as possible due to our on-going work with this recruitment. Write “Protein Crystallization” in the e-mail subject field.
Aktivia Science Work is a recruitment and staffing company within Life Science specialized in positions within the Life Science industry – from early discovery all the way to the market place. We are members in SwedenBio and Medicon Valley Alliance. You can read more about us on our website – www.aktivia.se.